*takes deep breath* I love cooking and I love the time spent prepping and the process but sometimes you just want the food NOW and skip the whole 4348303 hours in the kitchen getting dinner ready and sometimes there isn’t much in the fridge or pantry but grocery shopping day isn’t for another 4 days and I can’t be bothered going after work in the rush to try and get to the shops to get the ingredients and fight the crowd and line up to pay for everything and then rush back home so that I can have dinner ready before My Kitchen Rules starts at 7.30pm *breathes heavily*
Sorry guys. Just needed you guys to read that like how I would speak in real life LOL.
Anyhow moving along to the whole purpose of this post, I love pasta. I love eating it. I love cooking it. I love it so much I could bathe myself in spaghetti. Okay, maybe not the last bit. It’s a carbohydrate. I love carbs and there is nothing anyone can say or do to change my mind *looks in direction of Jessica from MKR*. Pasta is one of those genius meals that can easily be thrown together with a few simple ingredients. It can be the most simple process or the most complicated ever.
Today I share one of the quick recipes for a lazy dinner which is especially great for a warm day without spending too much time over the stove. It’s simple and somewhat healthy … Please tell me this is healthy!
So, what are we waiting for.. everything you need is below!
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- 500 gram rump steak or any piece of steak that you prefer
- 120 grams of baby spinach (looks like a lot but they shrivel up later on)
- Chopped spring onion
- Chilli flakes
- Half a squeezed lemon
- 2 teaspoons of mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 250 grams spaghetti
- 1 beef stock cube
- Fill a pot with water – once it reaches the boil, drop the stock cube in and let that dissolve. Once dissolved, throw in the pasta
- In a another pan drizzle a small amount of oil and start searing your steak keeping it medium rare – cooking each side for about 2 minutes on a medium heat. Once done, take it out of the pan and leave aside to rest for at least 5-10 minutes before slicing
- Once the pasta is al dente, drain and immediately toss through the spinach, cherry tomatoes, spring onions and the steak
- in a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, vinegar, some chilli flakes, a pinch of salt and mustard seeds then drizzle over the pasta
All done. The quickest dinner or lunch you will ever throw together. I like to sometimes put some bocconcini through the pasta too but up to your liking really!
So what’s your lazy meal usually consist of?